Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mums out there for this coming Sunday. Do you have something nice planned for her? We if not you better hop to it, you can grab her a copy of my book from here. Or you could whip her up a batch of these mini brown sugar scones. I love mini scones, they look so cute sitting on the plate and the extra bonus is you can nearly fit a whole one straight into your mouth all at once, no being a lady here 🙂
I went to meet a lovely lady, Leanne a few weeks back who brought my book at a caravanning expo that Miss Daisy and I went to. I took her a box of brownies and she had a jar of jam and a jar of chutney for me, how lovely was that. We did a food swap how cute were we? So naturally I have decided we shall be great friends now as we both love food:) Well this special jar of strawberry jam was just calling for some fresh scones to be made, so naturally I had to oblige.
I think these would be great for Mum as a little high tea at home, don’t you think? You could make lots of mini cakes/Petit fours for her and some cucumber sandwiches. Wouldn’t that be grand!! My mum isn’t getting these for mothers day as there are none left, whoops. Instead I have given her a very practical gift and my friend and I painted her shed for her instead. Thanks for all your help painting Sunshine!!!
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 60g butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Sift the flour and baking power together, then add the sugar.
- Cut the butter into cubes and rub through the flour mixture until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Combine the milk and vinegar into a bowl and then add to the flour mixture.
- Use a butter knife to cut through the mixture and combine the ingredients. Becareful not to over work the mixture.
- Roll the dough out onto a flour surface and using a 2cm cookie cutter cut the scones out and place on a floured tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.