Ok I love an easy recipe and I love Vanilla slice even more, hands up if your with me?? I knew you would be.
So today I’m bringing you the easiest Vanilla slice or Custard slice as its also know. Its a bit of a cheats version as you don’t have to stand there waiting for the custard to thicken. This slice also holds it shape very well and is easy to cut unlike some other vanilla slice recipes.
When even I happen across a bakery I always check out to see what their Vanilla slices look like. Sometimes they look like rubber in which case I pass, however if they look fresh and light I have to try one.
I love to eat vanilla slices and now I found this easy recipe I may have a problem on my hands and always have some in the fridge. This recipe uses an instant vanilla pudding mix by cottees, if your in another part of the world, I’m sorry, but I’m sure you would have an equivalent in the supermarket?
I hope you enjoy.
Happy Baking xx
- 2 sheets of pre made puff pastry
- 600ml of thicken cream
- 300ml of full cream milk
- 2 packets of cottees 100g instant vanilla pudding
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Place the puff pastry sheets onto baking trays and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Then remove from the oven and place a baking tray over them to push them down so they are not so puffy.
- In a bowl whisk the cream, milk, and instant pudding mixture with an electric beater until the mixture is thick.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry into a dish the same size as the sheet of pastry, then pour the mixture on top. Place the other party sheet on the top. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour until set. Decorate with icing sugar if desired and cut into squares