That caramel oozing out of a soft buttery cookie are what dreams are made off, am I right or am I right? So as I drooled at my screen I knew I had to try to recreate some of my own.
They did not disappoint let me tell you, AMAZING. So much so I’m going to have to keep stuffing cookies with stuff, I’m thinking Nutella, Chocolate, Peanutbutter, the list could go on. What would you stuff your cookies with for the ultimate cookie experience?
- 160g salted butter or ¾ cup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour (all purpose)
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet of soft caramels
- Pre heat the oven to 180C or 350F
- Cream the butter and the sugars in a bowl, I used and electric beater.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa and the baking powder and stir to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into balls and then such the caramel into the dough ball and then seal the caramel in the ball by pinching the whole and then rolling in your hands.
- Place the ball on a line baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
Check out these awesome stuffed cookies from other bloggers around the globe….