Give a girl a whole box of Nestle cooking Chocolate and what’s she to do? Bake with it of course!!! What would you bake?
I’ve had a hundred different thoughts but settled on the chocolate Mousse that I posted earlier this week you can find here, and now I bring you some chocolate eclairs, which are a recipe I have adapted from my award winning book, A Piece of Cake, which you can buy here. The ones in the book are regular ones, but these bad boys are all chocolate, thats right chocolate choux pastry, chocolate cream and then naturally like all good eclairs covered in more chocolate. I also used the piping set Nestle send me as a girl needs to pipe these babies, doesn’t the cream look oh so cute?? I think so.
These make the perfect and I mean perfect!!! afternoon treat to share with someone you love. My Mum and Dad got to share these with me one sunny but cold winters day last week, weren’t they super lucky? 🙂
If you do decide to make these it is far easier to beat the mixture in a stand mixer than with your wooden spoon, but if your trying to work out your arm muscles then by all means go for it with the wooden spoon! 🙂
I’m considering doing some chocolate chip cookies too, hmmm well I possibly have already made them. But for now, Chocolate Eclairs……..
Happy Baking xx
- ¾ cup plain or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Nestle cocoa power
- 250ml water
- 60g butter or ½ stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 250ml pure cream
- 1 tablespoon Nestle Cocoa powder
- 200g Nestle Milk Chocolate Melts
- 3 tablespoons pure cream
- Pre heat the oven to 210C or 410F
- To make the pastry, sift the flour and the cocoa together and set aside.
- Place the water and butter into a saucepan and heat on a medium temperature until the butter melts. Add the flour and beat until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until glossy, this may be easier to mix in a stand mixer.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag with a 1.5 cm nozzle and pipe 10cm lengths onto a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn the temperature down to 180C or 350F and back for a further 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut in half and leave to cool.
- To make the topping, place the chocolate and cream into a double boiler and heat until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients combined. Take the top layer of the eclairs and dip it into the chocolate mixture, set aside to cool and dry.
- To make the filling, place the cream and the cocoa into a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Place into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe onto the bottom layer of the eclairs.
- Place the top and the bottom of the eclair together and serve.