Happy Easter dear readers, I hope you all have a safe and relaxed holiday, filled with lots of sweet treats.
Firstly can I ask you all a very huge favour? Would you be able to take 2 minutes out of your busy days and vote for my blog on Australia Best Blog? It closes at the end of the month so please don’t put it off and forget, please click the link and vote for Little Box Brownie, I would be so grateful. You can vote from anywhere in the world you don’t have to be in Australia. Please, Please, Please vote, and spread the word, I don’t have much chance of winning I don’t think, so I need every vote I can get, if you can pass the link on to your family and friends. 🙂 Little Box Brownie is on page three.
Thank you soooooo much!
Now on to sweet things, you all know what a chocoholic I am, and if you don’t you just have to look through my posts and discover all the chocolate recipes. However with all the chocolate that is consumed at this time of year, I thought you could all do with a recipe that wasn’t a chocoholics delight, but a little healthier. So I have come up with a recipe the easter bunny would love and delight in, filled with lots of plump, juicy carrots……
Carrot Cake Muffins, covered in piles of cream cheese icing. Yum, these little babies are soft and moist and so delicious, you won’t even think about chocolate as you are eating them.
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ brown sugar
- 1 cup oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Packet of cream cheese (250g)
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- Pre heat the oven to 150C
- Grate the carrots into a bowl and place aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger into a bowl then stir through the sugars.
- Add the oil, milk and eggs and stir until well combined. Pour in the carrots and fold through.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tray, about ⅔ full, as they will rise. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- To make the icing, place the cream cheese and icing sugar into a bowl and stir until combined. Squeeze in the lemon juice and combine. Ice the muffins once completely cooled.