We are off to GreazeFest today to bump in for this weekends event. Which means we have been up and running for 1 year exactly now. Miss Daisy is 1 today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS DAISY, my beautiful Caravan!!! She was really built in 1945 so in theory she is also 75 – what a lady she has been around the block 🙂
Daisy has been a busy bee the last year attending many divers and interesting events. I don’t know if any other 75 year old caravans get as much of a work out as little old Daisy. But she loves it 🙂
The GreazeFest last year was awesome, its a rockabilly event that has been running in Brisbane for about 16 years now I think, and last year was the first year it was brought to Melbourne. There are so many vintage, classic and hot rod cars, as well as a market that sells assorts of vintage clothing and other wares. There are lots of food trucks with Miss Daisy included in the line up. Also many awesome bands that you need to get down and check out.
I did’t get to see much last year but everyone that came to Daisy’s window had a great time, many were dressed the part, it was very cool. Last year I really threw us in to the deep end. I never expected to be so busy on her maiden voyage. One year later and lots of events down, I think I will be much better organised and now I know what to expect. Wish us luck we are off very shortly.
Just so you know it starts tonight at 7, I hope to see you all there xxxx
- Friday August 7 – from 7pm to 12am
- Saturday August 8 – from 10am to 10pm
- Sunday August 9 – from 11am to 7pm
- Sandown Racecourse
591 – 659 Princes Highway
- 100g butter
- 100g nutella
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- ½ cup strong hot coffee
- 300g butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- 4 cups icing sugar
- Cream the butter, nutealla and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa together and then stir through the butter mixture.
- Pour in the coffee and little at a time and stir through until combined.
- Pour the mixture into 5x10cm mini loaf tins and bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked.
- Leave to cool
- To make the icing beat the butter and Nutella until light and fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and stir to combine.
- Place the frosting into a pipping bag and pip onto the cooled mini loafs
- For a little extra effect you can melt some chocolate and flick over top with a fork and add some chopped nuts