I’ve been busy with my books as of late. I have been getting them into stores across Melbourne and I am pleased to say they are doing very well. I have even had some repeat orders from different store, which is so incredibly exciting.h
It’s a lot of leg work and chasing up , after all I am a one man band at the moment, but I am so proud to see the books in some absolutely amazing stores.
The books have been received really by the shops I have approached to stock them. I find it so hard walking in to a shop and showing them my work, being such a shy person doesn’t help in the slightest. However the more I do it the easier it becomes, especially with most stores saying they will take them. It really does build your confidence and make you want to keep slogging away at it.
So let me introduce you to a selection of the stores that have supported my crazy dream and are currently stocking A Piece of Cake throughout Melbourne.
– Coventry Bookstore in South Melbourne
– Sun Bookshop in Yarraville
– Books in Print in Melvern
– Story Bird in Essendon
-La dee dah in Essendon
– Maison in Essendon
– Readings in Carlton
– Readings in Melvern
– Readings in Hawthorne
– The Deli in Coburg
– Readings in St Kilda
– Dymocks bookstore in Melbourne City
I big chocolate coated thank you must also go out to the amazing friends, family and strangers that have brought a book directly from me or through the blog, your support means so much, I truly value your believe in me and can’t thank you enough. I didn’t know how people would embrace my book, so it fills me with complete joy to know you have supported my crazy dream as well. Thank you.
If you haven’t got a book yet and would like one, its just a click to the right
Have a wonderful week.
- 1⅔ cup flour
- 125g butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 250ml sour cream
- ½ cup Icing sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- ⅓ cup condensed milk
- To make the pastry, place the flour and butter into a food processor and pulse until it resembles fine bread crumbs, then add the sugar and pulse again. Finally add the egg and pulse until the mixture becomes a dough. If the mixture is to dry add a little water.
- Turn pastry out on to a work surface and knead gently to bring together. Roll the dough out and place in a pie tin. Place in the fridge for 30mins.
- Pre heat the oven to 160C
- Blind bake for 15 minutes, remove the weights and bake for a further 10.
- To make the filling Place all the ingredients into a bowl and combine. Pour the mixture into the tart casing and place back in the oven for 30mins or until the filling is set.