Hello My Dear Readers,
Today I am bringing you some lemon curd and raspberry tarts. I made these as one of my Christmas orders for a client I shoot photos for. They were having a Christmas morning tea and asked if I would bake something for it, and this is one of the things I baked. I wanted to do some little finger food style cakes, there is nothing as cute as little food is there? So I went with these tarts, some caramel and chocolate tarts and of course some brownies 🙂 It wouldn’t be complete with out the brownies now would it?
I wanted to have an element of surprise in these little tarts so crushed up some raspberries and concealed them under the lemon curd so when they bit into them they got a hit of raspberry and a blast of colour.
Another custom order for Christmas was from my dear friend, Sharon, who’s mum made me the cute little teapot cosy you can see in the photos. Isn’t it the prettiest thing you ever did see? I love it so much. It makes me want to put the kettle on and make a pot. Oh did I mention she also gave me the teapot to go with it???? Its a beautiful vintage one, I completely forgot to take the cosy off to show you the tea pot in the photos, but I was just so excited about the cosy.
I have never met Sharon’s mum, but apparently she has the fastest knitting hands around, the needles just go , tap, tap, tap, tap, tap as she sits there not even looking at what she is knitting!!! How cool would it be to be able to do that? Did I tell you guys I started knitting a scarf? Well I started it at the start of winter and we are now into summer and its about half way done, I’m as slow as a snail. Its good fun though I highly recommend it.
- 115g butter
- 1⅓ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 125g butter
- 100g raspberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cut the butter into cubes, and then rub into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, and stir through.
- Stir in the egg yolk until combined, and then use your hands to work the mixture until well combined. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface.
- Cut into rounds with a cookie cutter and place into 24 small molds. Place in the freezer for 30mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the tart cases into the oven an bake for 20mins or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, place the eggs and sugar into a bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water on a medium heat, whisk constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Then add the lemon juice, zest and butter and keep whisking until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool and thicken more.
- Meanwhile, place the berries, water and sugar into a saucepan and heat until the berries begun to break up. remove from the heat and let cool.
- Once the fillings have cooled spoon the mixtures into the tart cases.