Cold winter nights call for lots of cups of tea, and what does the perfect cup of tea need? You guessed it, some super soft and super gooey, fudgy double chocolate chip cookies. I love the simple things in life, curling up on the sofa, with the duvets piled high, eating freshly baked cookies. I have a batch in the freeze just incase I need the perfect night in.
Happy Baking xxx
- 220 g butter or 2 sticks
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups dark or milk chocolate chips
- Pre heat the oven to 180C or 350F
- Cream the butter and sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Then add the vanilla and eggs and mix until just incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and the coffee and stir to combine. Mix through the chocolate chips. Roll the dough into balls and place on a lined baking tray. Bake for 8-10minutes or until they puff. They will be under done but that how I like them.