These are a tiny bit late, I was going to post it for all you loved up romantics for Valentines day, however once again time got away from me. I spent Valentines day with Miss Daisy on the beach of Brighton, at a youth festival. It was a lot of fun and we got to meet some great individuals. It was a day for the youth of Melbourne to come out and preform on stage and have a great day out with many different attractions.
The event finished at 8, but somehow I never got home till about 11. The traffic coming from one side of Melbourne to the other was ridiculous, it took about an hour and a half to get Miss Daisy back, then by the time I clean out the car and cleaned Daisy, hours had past. So I’m posting this today, please forgive me for my slackness 🙂
I made these for someone who had never had sticky date pudding before, and I’m pleased to say that they went down very well and are a new favourite. But really who can resist pudding covered in ice cream and lashings of caramel sauce. Only some crazy person who doesn’t like sugar, and I don’t think you would have found this blog if you are one such person. So enjoy and happy baking. xxx
- 60g butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1I/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g dates pitted
- 300ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 50 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Cream the butter and sugar and golden syrup together, then beat in the eggs.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder.
- In a food processor pulse the dates and water until in makes a puree, then stir through the baking soda and pour into the batter mixture, stir to combine.
- Place the mixture into four 10cm ramekins.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30mins.
- To make the sauce combine all the ingredients together into a saucepan and heat until the ingredients combine and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Serve while still warm with lots of ice cream.